Would you like to see the Germanna story — the German Colonists at Fort Germanna in Virginia and their descendants — preserved as a national asset for all Americans?
Americans already know about and visit the Spanish-speaking Fort Augustine and the English-speaking Fort Jamestown, but wouldn’t you like them to also know about and visit the German-speaking Fort Germanna and learn about the Germanna colonists?
This goal can only become a reality if the Germanna Archaeology program and other ongoing Germanna Foundation projects are fully funded for 2018.
This is why we have begun our most ambitious end-of-year fundraising drive. Without your support, the Germanna Foundation doesn’t function and our work preserving the legacy of Germanna ends.
Did you know that the majority of our funding is provided by donations from individuals like you?
Here’s a chart detailing our 2016 expenditures to show just how critical your tax-deductible donations are:
This Fall, please consider making your most generous tax-deductible donation to the Germanna Foundation. To assist you, please take a look at the following:
- 2017 President’s Letter
- Germanna Foundation Overview Booklet (seen above)
- Planned Giving (If you are over 70, you can donate up to $100K annually from your IRA account to Germanna and not have the distribution considered as income. Other ways: Securities, Bequests, Life Insurance, Real Estate, Retirement Plan Assets)
There are three easy ways to make a tax-deductible donation to the Germanna Foundation:
- Call the Germanna Foundation at 540-423-1700 Monday through Friday, 10 am to 4:00 pm
- Fill out this FORM (pdf) and mail it to the Germanna Foundation along with your check
- Donate securely online via our partner FastTransact: CLICK HERE for the online donation form
Many employers will match charitable gifts made by their employees, letting you add to, or even double, your donation to Germanna. Please talk with your human resources or personnel office about your company’s matching gift program and consider taking advantage of this great way to make your gift have even more impact. The Germanna Foundation’s nonprofit tax ID# is: 54-6048585.