The Germanna Foundation seeks volunteers to help with its mission* and is hosting its first ever volunteer open house on Friday, March 13, 2020 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the Fort Germanna Visitor Center in Locust Grove, VA.
If you’ve been wanting to learn more about the Germanna Foundation, or get more involved with our mission, now is the chance! Come and explore volunteer opportunities for 2020 that include:
- Working events
- Trails, Building and Grounds Maintenance
- Library/Museum Docent
- Salubria Docent
You’ll have the opportunity to sign up that day! Light refreshments will be served.
When: Friday, March 13, 2020
Time: 3:00 to 6:00 pm
Fort Germanna Visitor Center
2062 Germanna Hwy (Route 3), Locust Grove, VA 22508
Please direct questions to Ashley Abruzzo, Membership Development Manager, at [email protected] or 540-423-1700 or fill out our Contact Us form.
The Germanna Foundation tells America’s story of liberty through the frontier experience of her settlers and descendants using archaeological, historical, and genealogical research and interpretation. We are stewards over these important properties:
- Fort Germanna Visitor Center campus which includes:
- Genealogy Library
- Hitt Archaeology Center
- Germanna Memorial Garden
- Siegen Forest – 170-acre Hiking and Nature Trails along the Rapidan river
- 1714/1717 Fort Germanna Archaeology Site
- Virginia Lt. Gov. Alexander Spotswood’s home “Enchanted Castle” Archaeology Site
- 1757 Georgian-style Salubria Manor
- 1800 Peter Hitt Farm