Historic Salubria is an 18th century (ca. 1757) Georgian-style manor house built by the Reverend John Thompson, rector of the Little Fork Church from 1740 to 1772, who married the widow of Lt. Gov. Alexander Spotswood. The house received the name Salubria, Latin for healthful, from a later owner, James Hansbrough, in the early 1800s and has been known by that name since that time.
In this video, Leta Scherquist, the caretaker of Salubria, talks about the “Pink Room”, one of the many different rooms in Salubria.
For more information about Salubria, which is only available to private tours with advanced reservations, go to: https://germanna.org/salubria/